I was fortunate enough to be nominated by the wonderful and very kind Chaz @Life of Chaz for the Liebster Award, and he wanted me to take the time to answer some fun questions he came up with.
But What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
And might I just say that me being associated with any of those things makes me feel like I might actually be a somewhat decent person, so thanks Chaz! *pause for laugh at self-deprecating humor*
Now for the Questions!
- You have to team up with one villain to try to conquer the world – Who are you going to choose as your partner? I think I would choose Nuada from Hellboy II. The only issue is that he completely hates humans and wants to wipe all of them out. Fortunately for me, I’m secretly a dragon. Don’t tell anyone.
- What do you think sets your blog aside from other ones that you’ve seen – What’s that special quality that your blog has? Honestly, I really like the design of my blog with my bubbles that come to life when you scroll over them. It gives me comfort when I look at it and I hope other people find it soothing yet engaging.
- What is your favorite reading place and why? I like being curled up on a couch by a window on a cloudy or rainy day.
- Which fictional character do you identify yourself with the most? Abe Sapien from the Hellboy franchise. He as been my favorite character since I was a kid, and I’ve always felt a strong connection with him for whatever reason.
- What is your favorite ending to a book/movie/tv show? *Spoiler Alert* At the end of my favorite book The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, the main character Juliet discovers that her close friend and companion Dawsey is in love with her and she asks him for his hand in marriage. There is a lot more build up than just that, but I love that she made the move. Strong, independent women are my favorite characters.
- What is a goal that you are looking to accomplish in 2018? I’m graduating college this year! YAY! So now I have to find a job, and I just want to do something I love. So wish me luck in finding whatever that is.
- Is there a cliche or trope in any form of entertainment that you just hate? I don’t like the way that nerds are portrayed in movies/TV shows. They are always deemed loser guys who can never get a girl. Nerds aren’t losers, half of us are women, and we date just like everyone else!
- What is your favorite song/band? That is a tough one for me given I like so many different kinds of music. I have a strong attachment to Michael Buble, Halsey, and Alessia Cara.
- How do you decide what is going to be the next read? I have to be in a mood. Sometimes I want fantasy, historical fiction, or sci-fi. I always have a stack waiting to choose from.
- How have you changed since starting a blog? Well my blog is called frankfiction and I care a lot about being straightforward with people. It’s easier to be straightforward on paper than it is in life sometimes. But I can say I am in life now too and that makes me happy.
Thank you for anyone who took the time to read this Q&A and I appreciate the support I have received in my small endeavor here on my blog. Means a lot.
Now for a few people I would like to nominate who have nice blogs you could check out:
Monica @Torn Pages and Roses
Katie @MI’maq Rose Book Review
Honestly, I like Chaz’s questions so if you are interested in answering them. Look forward to seeing what you write!
Aaina Arun @Bookenders was kind enough to nominate me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you Aaina not only for being the first one to leave a comment on my blog those years ago when I first made it but also for nominating me for this award. You are awesome!
The award is ” about honouring those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether everyday or only now and then.”